Sunday, July 26, 2009

Parimutuel Pictures

I had a preconceived notion of how images of race horses in motion would turn out, thinking I could capture their strength and speed through extended exposure and camera shake, envisioning the effect, impressing myself with the results. I was wrong. Recently I went to Arlington Park for an annual summer outing and took a bunch of shots of said horses. The outcome paralleled my wagers-a bust. Here are a few that are close to what I was going for, and that have an interesting look and feel to them, albeit still not quite right.

Ponies in Motion 1
Ponies in Motion 1, originally uploaded by Christopher Hiltz.



Ponies in Motion 2
Ponies in Motion 2, originally uploaded by Christopher Hiltz.




Although I like the idea of planning out shots in advance for a change (this is not one of my strong suits) I realize that just thinking about a shoot for a few minutes doesn't mean that I'm magically going to get the results I'm going for. I should have learned this 1628495 years ago. Better late than never...

Ponies in Motion 3
Ponies in Motion 3, originally uploaded by Christopher Hiltz.

No comments:

Post a Comment