Sunday, December 13, 2009

Attitude is Everything

I'm not sure I have the vocabulary to properly describe what the Chicago based band BomBBone sound like, but I can safely say that if you have the opportunity to see them in the future you should probably go. They're a stew of psychedelic-gypsy-waltz-punk who manage to combine Eastern European musical traditions with late 70s American rigor. The band played in Chicago on Saturday night at a place called The Cave, which is in the basement of a Serbian* cultural center. Before the show I asked the Bosnian born front man, Ron Terman, if he'd mind if I took some shots while they played. He told me to 'go nuts.' They did just that on stage, and I attempted to capture the delirium. See the entire set from the night right over here.

17
17, originally uploaded by Christopher Hiltz.


23
23, originally uploaded by Christopher Hiltz.


20
20, originally uploaded by Christopher Hiltz.


*The joint isn't run by Serbian Nationalists, so the Bosninans were safe. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment