Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Boys in the Band

Generally speaking I don't usually enjoy photographing bands' live shows. Main reason is I think I sort of stink at it. Standing in a photo pit with a gaggle of other photographers all vying for a killer shot, bro and having nerd talk about gear is not how I like to spend a Friday night. But, when it's a friend's band playing at a small club where you don't have some burly brick house asking to see a photo pass, that's a different story. And when the band is as energetic as Noise by Numbers, well Hell, sign me up! Thus was the case on Friday night when the dudes played with Small Brown Bike at the Beat Kitchen here in Chicago. The fella below, Jeff By Numbers, he likes to move around on stage. A lot. A shit ton, even.

13
13, originally uploaded by Christopher Hiltz.




5
13, originally uploaded by Christopher Hiltz.



2, originally uploaded by Christopher Hiltz.



There's more Noise on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment