Monday, January 19, 2009

Pleasant Enough All The same, January 18, 2009

The first week of the portrait project is complete--I have mixed feelings about the results. I feel like I'm going to need to try some different things in the coming weeks to take full advantage of this opportunity. There's never going to be a shortage of interesting subjects to shoot, that I'm sure of. I need to figure out what I want this thing to be in the end. I know that I don't want it to be just a random assortment of portraits of people attending a play. Still working it all out...
Anyhow, here's a couple shots from Sunday. The first is of a young girl standing in front of an assemblage of alarm clocks, which I thought made for an interesting juxtaposition (Time is ticking! You won't be young forever, missy!), while the second is the first shot I took where an action (in this case an embrace) serves to represent the subjects. See all the photos thus far right here.



36, originally uploaded by Christopher Hiltz.




34, originally uploaded by Christopher Hiltz.

No comments:

Post a Comment