Friday, January 30, 2009

Pleasant Enough All the Same, January 29, 2009

I feel like I had an off night on Thursday. If I were pitcher I would have given up 8 runs in the first inning and gotten pulled. Alas I am not a pitcher (ho hum) but a mere photographer, so an off night for me is one where I feel like I'm trying to make things happen. I don't mean that I was posing people at the MCA and breaking from my documentarian style of portrait making, but more so that I was too conscious of what I was doing, and forcing the act of making compelling photographs. Nights like this will happen, such is life. What I need to remember is that the patrons attending 'The Wild Duck' are interesting enough as it is, and kind enough to allow me to photograph them, so there's no reason to introduce my photographer-ego into the equation. That said, here's a few that I think work. See the entire set right this way.


112, originally uploaded by Christopher Hiltz.




109, originally uploaded by Christopher Hiltz.




106, originally uploaded by Christopher Hiltz.

No comments:

Post a Comment