Saturday, January 31, 2009

Pleasant Enough All the Same, January 30, 2009

Friday night I made a conscious effort to not think so damn much, have some fun, and just let the photographs happen. It was totally Zen, bro. As a result, throughout the night my inner dialog went something like this: Would that person make for a good subject? Are they interesting enough for you and your little project, you jerk? Well, are you going to take the picture or not? Come on, SNAP THE PHOTO!
And so on and so on and so on.
When I wasn't visiting my own personal crazy town, I was snapping pictures, and below are a few I think worked out pretty well. In the first I was playing with depth of field to frame my subject, and used the other folks in the foreground's shape to frame him in. The woman in the second was holding that pose and expression for at least 10 minutes-she has a really, really great face. The third features a young, sanguine girl in an amazing winter hat.
If you click this you'll be magically transported to the place where the entire set of photos from the project rests.


118, originally uploaded by Christopher Hiltz.




115, originally uploaded by Christopher Hiltz.




125, originally uploaded by Christopher Hiltz.

No comments:

Post a Comment